mPOL

Introduction

Hello teacher, meet my Mom, Carly, and My dad, John. Family, meet teacher.

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Humanities

Something I liked about humanities was when we read the outsiders with Mr Harris, the Outsiders was a good book and it had a good storyline, I felt that I could connect to some of the characters. But I had a hard time keeping up the reading role cards and thinking of ideas for the book cover. Another thing I like about the outsiders was making our own cover and taking the pictures and then editing it to actually make the cover. Another project we did in humanities was the dark ages project with Ms Madsen because before that I was already interested in the dark ages but I had never gotten around to learning more about the dark ages. But I don’t think I did a good job on the slide show I probably could’ve done better.

Maker

In maker this year one of my favourite things we did was the taking pictures project with Ms Kadi I liked it because we got to go on walks to different places like the beach and mertal park. I think i took pretty good picture but I fell like I could’ve put more effort into adding drawings in the pictures, to make them better. I also like the having fun with drawings project because we got to draw all class and it isn’t really work. I feel like I did a good job overall but I probably could have had more shapes my robot and my shadows weren’t that good but I want to improve on those.

Learning plan

On my learning plan I made goals that I wanted to achieve this year and things I want to do. In Humanities I set my grade goal to be an accomplished. I think I have achieved this goal this semester and I hope I can continue next semester. But I think I could have done better on some slide shows but they never have been my strong suit. In my learning plan for maker i had said I wanted my grade to be an accomplished as well. I think I may have reached this goal this semester but since we don’t have maker next semester I Cannot continue with it next semester since we don’t have It. In maker i fell like I did good in most projects but when I get behind I tend to stay behind. Like in the latest project I missed 2 days of school and I never really caught back up with everybody.  And for science I know we didn’t have this this semester I am still going to cover it. In science foe next semester I wanted to get and extending and I hope I am able to reach that goal next semester.

In conclusion this year I think I did well on most projects through this semester. Some things I could work on are handing in assignments on time, how I can improve is do my homework when I get it instead of putting it off for a couple days till its due. Another thing is working harder on is making slide shows for projects like the dark ages, I think I can improve on making slide shows by putting in more effort than I would normally and have a better end slide then just the words THE END. One more thing I think I can work on is grammar, how I think I can improve is use something that checks my grammar and tells me how I can fix it without doing it automatically. Thank you for coming to my presentation. The end.