Operation

Exciting electricity in this project are goal was to make a fully functional custom operation game we did this alone but we could work along side eachother. I used a old shoe box that keoton gave me I then wrapped the box with black paper and made the top blue I then designed the shape that would be on top of my box I chose a hockey stick and puck. I printed it out cut it and coloured it then I glued it to the top of my box. I then cut the holes for the game pieces and put tin foil on the bottom of the box. Then I made the circuit which was the hardest part but not for me I was the first person to successfully build the circuit I im pretty proud of my self.

In this project I used my creative thinking skill to design a appealing box and my collaborating skill when helping my friends with their box. I think I deserve a sunshine because I made a successful box and circuit.

Here you will see some photos and a video of my box working IMG_2461

Roller coaster

The roller coaster blog post begins with the challenge of creating a roller coaster with a limited budget of one million dollars. My team, composed of Cam L, Mackenzie, and Evangeline, worked together to design and build a functional roller coaster with a corkscrew and many turns. Despite the limitations, we managed to come in second place in the competition.

Throughout the project, I utilized my creative thinking skills to come up with innovative ideas for the roller coaster’s design. However, I realize that I could have done better in terms of paying attention to the needs of my group members and assisting them more effectively.

In conclusion, this roller coaster project was a valuable and fun learning experience for me as it allowed me to put my creative thinking skills to the test while working with a team. Despite some areas for improvement, I am proud of the final product and the success we achieved as a team.

Here are some photos and video of this project

IMG_2450 IMG_2451

Lego stop motion

The year is 2022 Jon a professional lego race car driver is racing for the championship it looks like its going to be a clear win but wait he slips he flips over oh no he’s going to lose he brings his car into the pits he fixes it in record time he’s back out on the track. Jon passes  everybody and is now in second place he comes up on the Ferrari he moves to the outside lane and passes him Jon wins he his world champion once again. But wait it wasn’t real, a child made it. Magnus kauko and makai roka made it the worlds best film designers. magnet and makai where challenge by warriors studies to make a video. Makai and magnus decided to make their video a stop motion, Lego race and they succeeded meeting the thirty second criteria and jam packed full of many details. Magnus and makai won the minds of warriors studies.

This is are stop motion video

winter exhibition

The PLP winter exhibition was a huge event this year, with over 100 students participating from grades 8 to 12. It was a chaotic, but exciting.

For my part in the exhibition, I focused on creating a documentary about the environment. Specifically, I wanted to show how we as humans often destroy our land and natural resources for short-term gain, like the events in the movie Avatar.

To gather information for my documentary, I interviewed a BC health and safety officer who works on the Sunshine Coast. His job is to come up with a plan for what to do if the region ever runs out of water. He discussed his idea of shipping in water or finding a sustainable lake as potential solutions.

I also made use of new skills I learned during the project to make my videos as high quality as possible. You can find these videos on my YouTube channel, linked at the bottom of this post.

Overall, I believe I deserve a sun for this project, as I completed all of my work on time and to the best of my ability. It was a challenging and I’m happy that the exhibition is over and that it was successful

Doing this project made me relize that my work was sloppy so I decided to see what would happen if I put as much time and effort into this post as I would of playing hockey. The outcome of this is so surprising to me. My goal for next semester is to put this much effort into all my work and I want to see what’s going to happen. 

I made this blog post using many techniques I used grammerly to fix my grammar I asked my parents and freinds for revisions and I put so much time and effort into this post and im super proud of it. I did the same thing with my storm the barricades post and it also turned out well.

Here are some photos from this project

Revolution blog post

The Grade 9 Revolution project was a interesting exploration into the ways in which revolutions bring down empires and change societies around the world. Our task was to create a crane Britain graph, affidavits, and a final video that would present our findings in a convincing voice in a courtroom.

The driving question for this project was: “how do revolutions bring down empires and change societies around the world”.  I think that when so many individuals come together with a common goal, they have the potential to overpower anyone and achieve their desired outcome.

As I worked on this project, I realized that I could have put more effort into my work. I often found myself just doing the bare minimum, rather than fully engaging in the project and bringing my best ideas to the table. Additionally, I could have been a more helpful and supportive member of my group, sharing my thoughts and ideas more often.

Despite this, I believe that I deserve a passing grade for this project. While I may not have always put in my best effort I did complete all of my assignments and paid attention in class.

Thank you for reading my blog post here’s some photos.

Maker blog post

Maker portfolio post,

In maker we made 5 videos reflecting on 3 skills: clips, shots and angles and planning and shooting. We also did a fun video and a about me video. The link to all my videos will be down below. We also did goal setting in this sector. The final assignment for goal setting was a goal ladder wich I will leave down below. 

Work out video

Through making the videos I’ve learned and grown my skills a lot I’ve done this by making storyboards a story board is somthing movie makers use to plan out there shots, my story board is not as detailed or as long as there’s would be but it’s still good ill show you a photo at the end of this post. I’ve also grown in my shooting and planning skill, I now know that planning your shoots and angles before hand than it makes It a lot easier when filming.

I think that I deserve a sunshine because I handed in all my work and my work is complete to the best of my abilities. Also in any group that I was in I would contribute all my help, I would also try to be the main character when possible to exit my comfort zone wich is one of my learning plan goal.

Here are the links to my videos: workout video Funny video , My goalWhat inspires me

Simulation blog post

Simulation blog post,

To introduce this new unit we did a little simulation. In this simulation we simulated a revaluion with four groups these four groups were A,B,C and D. Group A was the poor group, group B was the store owners, group C jail guards and group D where the kings. I was in group A but I was one of the last living ones and the richest with 313$ and two cure cards. 

The simulation taught me a lot of things school and real world related. I learned that it best to negotiate everything even if they say it the final price, never tell anybody how much money you have. The final best advice is never ever ever pay your taxes. 

Questions:

1. How was this nation structured?
  2. What rights did you and your group have?
  3. What freedoms/responsibilities did you have?
  4. What did you earn? What could you purchase? We’re you able to purchase anything?
  5. How were you treated? How did you treat others?
  6. What went wrong? What went right?
  1. The nation had groups A,B,C,&D each group had there own roles that they had to follow in order not to be arrested.
  2. My group was the poorest group with the responsibility of cleaning up garbage and writing 100 word dairy entry. We also weren’t aloud to talk to groups C&D without a invitation. 
  3. We had to write a 100 word dairy entry on what we did in the day, we also had to pick up trash.
  4. Are group made 1 dollar a day which we couldn’t buy anything with. I died with 313 dollars becuase I stole and made dirty money
  5. I was treated well becasue I would pay well when needed

6.   In the first day I was arrested for bodycheking Silas. In the 3 day I was arrested for stealing from the king.

I think if we are graded on this I should get a sun because I didn’t miss any classes and I contributed to the simulation.

Alberta blog post

The driving question for this project was, “how can the geography of the west shape who we are?” My answer to this question is economy-based. The geography of the west has shaped us by allowing us to have a thriving economy with multiple industries that have helped us settle and develop.

In this blog post, I will be talking about the 1-week long field study to Alberta. In Alberta, we went to Banff, Calgary, Golden and Revelstoke. We did so many fun activities like the golden sky bridge, archery and many more. My favourite activity has to be the zipline.

We had a mini exhibition on the 26th to showcase our books. I was in the economy group. I think that the exhibition went well. I only had 2 people come to my station and they were my mom and Ronan’s mom. Overall, I think the exhibition went well and I did a good job.

Question: I can share ideas, ask questions, and research information from a variety of sources.
I asked questions on this trip whenever I was confused, which was a lot of the time. A good example is almost every night I’d ask where are we eating dinner. I shared my ideas whenever possible, for example when I was doing group work or hanging out with my friends. I researched information when I was unsure. An example of this is when we went to the first hotel in Golden. My mom had stayed at that hotel many years ago as a kid, so I looked the hotel up to see if it was the actual one and it was.

This is my book:

Below you will see a bunch of photos that I thought could help you understand what the trip was like. Also, I also have a YouTube video that I made with fun group 2. Enjoy!. Here is the link to the funny video:  funny video

Science blog post

In sector 1 the projects we did were bioaccumulation gif a scratch game about food chains and more. I enjoyed doing these mini projects alot, my favorite was the scratch game wich I will leave a link for at the bottom. I didn’t hate anything but my least favourite was the Instagram post because even though it wasn’t the biggest assignment it was the biggest in my mind for this sector.

I think my best woork this project was my scratch game becasue I spent alot of time on the drawings and its my best work. One mane thing I took away from this project is to take good notes even if you know your not going to need them it will help you later.

In total I think I got a accomplished becasue I completed my work to the best of my abiltites and I got all suns.

my scratch game https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/737742456/

Scimatics blog post

Scimatics comic cells, this project the goal in the end was to make a comic about a virus. The driving question for this project is “how to cells and diseases interact” my answer to the question is Viruses make us sick by killing cells or disrupting cells function. The our bodies react with fevers coughing and so on. My favourite part of this project was drawing the comic some of my drawings are good but some aren’t. I think that in this project I could be more detailed in the writing portion, because some of my lines aren’t clear or are simple and boring to read. 

To make the comic we first started with picking a virus I chose coronavirus because I already know a lot about when then researched are virus and made a story board I did two story boards because my first one wasn’t really a story and more just facts. My second one was a little better my final comic was good but I think I could’ve done better.

Thanks for reading my blog post today at the bottom of the blog post are some photos of the project my comic is also there.