Reflective learning

I think we learned all about Fred hertzog because he was a important person that took photos and we take photos everyday and that is a important skill to learn. We also learned how to edit photos and that a useful skill in real life right now because everything right now is online and a lot of business are moving online so if you ever want to be a graphic designer this would help a little bit. How we learned this we learned about photography and a little bit of editing by exploring different topics on photography and editing some examples are

Adjusting angles, collages about me Composing composition and manufacturing mood. Overall photography is a good skill to learn.

Scimatics board game

At the beginning of this unit I new little to nothing about tectonic plates and tectonic chances, but now I know a lot more because I made a board game and did all these work books. I’ll answer the driving question and show my board game and explain it I little bit in the paragraphs below. 

You can read all about the board game in this paragraph or skip to the driving question. The board game I made with Jackson and Makia in my opinion looked really really cool. Is here is the links to there blogs http://www.blog44.ca/jacksonc/ and http://www.blog44.ca/makair/. At the beginning we had Cameron then we replaced him for Jackson and he went to work with Keenan here is a photo of there board game. When we had Cameron he helped us make are first game rules. Game rules on the right.

Through out the month we evolved are game rules and then finally started building are game at first we were only going to do a 2D game board design but the we built a mountain, safe houses, rocks and a spiny wheel which took longer than we thought. We used Posca markers  to Color in everything on the game board we also lent them out to cameron and Keenan’s group because cameron helped us with the first game rules. Here is a link to a slideshow in this slide it shows you  the board game i the process that we were building it.

• This was the first photo i took of the board game while making it

We spent all of are class time to that we had to work on are board game weather we were colouring in the ground or making are game pieces. On the second to last day we finalized are rules here they are.

The driving question:

How are thematic and mathematical elements used in game design

Some examples of mathematical elements used in board game design are probability. Probability is used in game design in dice rolling card pulling or wheel spinning. Also some games are all about math. Thematic means theme and theme is used everywhere in movies, books and much more but also in game design it is used in a lot of game boards like candy land the game board is full of candy and bright Colours.

Some mathematical elements used in video game design are probability some examples are: spinning a wheel also opening a mystery crate getting matched up against a real player and not bot. Some thematic elements used in video games are were the place is set for example GTA’s map is set in California. Another example of theme in video games are the characters like in Minecraft the characters are made of pixels and the whole map and everything in Minecraft is pixelated.

The end thanks for reading my blog.

Becoming a PLP learner

The first piece of learning we did was the Big Life Journal, and we did five Big Life Journals. I enjoyed doing Big Life Journal because it was the first big thing we did with our Apple Pencil. We got to learn how to use them and that you can swipe from the corner and that triggers a motion to swipe out of the app.

Next we did the user manual. I liked doing the user manual because it was the most writing that I had done in a long time. I really liked it because you made it look and sound like a real user manual, and usually you don’t read user manuals or they are not fun to read but I think these user manuals were more fun to read.

The last thing we did was the keynote presentation. This was fun because it was my first time making a presentation on keynote, and it was fun learning about all of the different features on the app. I was nervous when they said we had to present in front of other people’s parents but it was fun and exiting, and I think I would want to do it again. 

How can I build and strengthen the PLP learning team? I can build and strengthen the PLP learning team by being an important asset to my group and the PLP team because I have learned this past month on how to give good feedback to my group members and how to work cooperatively and thoughtfully in a group.

Medium is the message

• This was the first ad that I made as you can see its pretty basic

I was exited about the launch because I love designing things. In the launch we learned the basics of designing an ad. We then reflected on the Welcome Home ad by Apple. Apple also usually has pretty detailed ads so we got to see what a good ad looks like and that gave some people an idea of what a good ad looks like. Next was building knowledge where we looked at the IKEA assembly service ad where it was I really simple ad where I learned later that for that ad IKEA used the KISS (keep it simple stupid) ad technique. We also looked at historical ads were we looked at some old ads then we picked are own ad of safari and had to right a paragraph about the ad the ad. We then made are first individual ad you can see mine in the slideshow. After we showed are group are first second third and so on we got revisions from are group and then put those revisions into are ad. When we finished are individual ads we started to work on the group ad. My group made 2 drafts and we sent the 2 draft two are business but they haven’t responded yet. After this project the way i look at ads is different because i now know how much work goes into ads and how many revisions and drafts you have to make.