Let’s Roll…… acoaster

People of the internet.

I am back with a mini blog post about a mini project. When I say mini I mean mini, because this project only took a week, so I’ll keep this short.

We were summoned by the CEO’s of screamorama (*cough* *cough* our teachers) to build the new best rollercoaster for their park. We had to stay within a budget and account for speed through kinetic and potential energy. 

We learned what those were with the help of a simulation which allowed questionable things.

But it teach us the concept quite well. 

Then I teamed up with my new partners Charlie and Luca to start planning the coaster. There were questions we had to answer like how would we build it, are we building a real rollercoaster and can we add a jump. The answers are no no and we’ll build it with plastic cups. 

Now our concept was to ride down a chair, into a loop into another on the ground but we abandoned that after we realised the budget was too small so we went with a fast short drop of death that we called the rock slide. After great panic and stress we made something that we weren’t intending in but still turned out semi-good. Here it is

There was no driving question for this project and not much else at all so that’s it.

Bye.