Well, there you have it! This is how it went! Tell me in the comments below what you think of it!

This skit was on the spot thinking, we hadn’t rehearsed any lines or decided who was who until 2 minutes before we presented. Our two figure heads were given to us right then and there and thats what keeps you on your feet, which is Improv! The people in this presentation were FelixEmilyGrace, and Tom!

Firstly, what I would change is that in our performance was that we had a lot of spaces were no one was talking and when we realized it was awkward silence, we all tried to talk at the same time. We have to work on being in sync and knowing when to speak and not interrupt each other. There were other situations where one person was talking too much and not letting other say much, which is also something our group could work on. There were a couple of lines I wanted to get in, but I never did due to this problem. Those are some of the things I want or think our group could work on to be a better team.

Secondly, I would like to reflect on some of the things I was doing during practice or set up times before the actual competition. When my group was talking, sometimes, I would be listening to music in one ear and trying to listen with the other. I want to give my full attention to my group for the next years for DI and I think that will help our productivity a little bit more.

The competition ended with an award ceremony. If you got 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, you qualified for globals which is huge. Now our team actually wasn’t very confident because we didn’t do as well as we did in regionals. They started announcing the 3rd place for Heads Up: Improv Middle School Category. Our whole team was holding each other’s sweaty hands when they came for first. I swear all I heard was 1-8-, those 2 numbers and our whole team jumped up and Seycove cheered as loud as they could, it was one of the best feelings I’ve ever felt. But they told us not to sit down because we had also won first place in Instant Challenge, and I was hugging Emily and shaking the judges hand while he placed a medal around my neck. This was a huge part for us because Instant Challenges are not our area of expertise. We promised to do at least better on the provincials Instant Challenge and look where we are! We got first in both! It truly showed that we were working hard and it was paying off well.

~Malaika💛