My video game pitch!

Video game pitch reflection!

For this keystone we were told to create a video game on a coding platform(scratch being recommended). We then started brainstorming different ideas for what video games we may want to use as a reference and what we would want to have in it. For my game i decided to choose a type of catching game where you have to catch the protons and atoms and not get the electrons in the bucket. Some other ideas i was going to use was possibly making a type of obstacle game or maybe a true or false question game.

Process

The first thing I did was brainstorm game ideas and map out how i was going to create it. I then decided to narrow down my ideas and choose a pretty simple game idea of just making a bucket game. It would have been very difficult if I were to make the whole entire coding platform so i looked at some other games on scratch to get inspiration. I chose a reference game that looked like something I can create,  I then remixed the coding on it and put it into the start of my game. I took out some of the traits in the game and some coding blocks and made little images for each of the pieces such as a bucket, atom symbol, proton symbols, electron symbols, and lastly finding a background. I then removed the old code for each of the pieces than added my new ones in. It was pretty simple same with adding the background in as well. Lastly my game was done and it was to include the caption and instructions into it.

Weaknesses

I think at the start of this project I really didn’t have much hope in myself for creating and coding my own game, i had played scratch when I was younger a few times but I had never done anything like this before(such as making my own game) and I think I had a pretty negative mindset.

Strengths

After watching some tutorials on how to code on scratch i think I had gotten the hang of it and have gotten more hope in myself. I started finding code I can use for my game and even making my own pieces and parts for it. 

Summary

At the end of my game I was really proud of myself for actually doing this becuase I didn’t really have much hope in myself at all. I also really liked the outcome of the game and overall it was really a fun project even though i really doughted myself at the start and I now have gained another useful skill!(knowing how to somewhat code on a scratch)

My game !

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/842874684/