November 27

Frakchuns Bloug Postd *fractions blog post*

For our first project in scimatics 8 we had to make a graph of our screen time for the week. I really enjoyed this, it was super fun and it really made me think “hmm, I’m on my phone a lot”

Communicating and Representing

If you look at the graph at the bottom of the post about half of my day is on screen time and obviously the other half is non screen time. Now you’re probably wondering what “how many wins Metallurg has” is (and if you weren’t here it is anyway) in this project we tracked screen time but also had to track one other thing. Most people did sleep, exercise, reading etc. Now I’m a huge sports guy and without the NHL I’ve been following the KHL a hockey league in Russia and I’ve took interest in this team called the Metallurg Magnitogorsk, so for my extra thing, I tracked Metallurg, their wins and chances at beating the top 7 teams. This was extremely challenging because the KHL website doesn’t have much in the name of stats so that was fun. How I got the chances at beating the top 7 teams was partly based on the standings but mostly based on how many times they’ve beat them and a tiny bit on goal differential.

Understanding and Solving

I think I did pretty good on this project. I recorded all my screen time, had enough pie charts and graphs and worked around the lack of stats on the KHL website. My oral presentation went a lot better than I had imagined it would go, I (think) I was able to show my ideas clearly. I had definitely planed to say a lot more in my head but I was to nervous and wanted to get it over with quickly. Working with the Numbers app was super cool, I have never used anything like this and just found it cool that I had a bunch of graphs and charts and it could add up my number totals so I wouldn’t have to do any math.

Applying and Innovating

Throughout this project we did 2 quizzes on fractions and I surprisingly did fairly well. I used my class time pretty productively (except for a few Madden Mobile 21 breaks 🤫) and was able to help my classmates.

Overall I would like to spend a bit less time on screens then I currently do and do more productive stuff.

So as this blog post comes to an end, I am going to show you my final project 🥁

And with that, goodbye and remember, shirt. Gov is the only place to get your shirt

Posted November 27, 2020 by beny in category Summative