February 10

Metallurg Magnitogorsk; Who are they?

When the NHL season came to an end last year, I started closely following the KHL. When picking a team to cheer for the Metallurg Magnitogorsk stuck out to me. The name,I thought, was very interesting and the logo is sweet too.

So now,, who are they? The Metallurg Magnitogorsk are a KHL team that plays in the Kharlamov division in the Eastern conference, they are currently 2nd in the division, 3rd in the conference and 4th in the whole league, so they are a pretty good team this year. However, last year Magnitogorsk had a poor season, they finished with a record of 28-25-5 and only recording 65 points. In their best season they had a record of 41-13-2 and racking up a total of 124 points.

Fun fact! Pittsburg Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin played for them in 2005 during the NHL lockout season.

From the highlights and parts of games I’ve watched,, it appears that Canadian Taylor Beck is their superstar and Sergi Mozyakin is the team captain. My favourite player on Magnitogorsk is goalie Juho Olkinuora from Finland
Juho has also played in the NHL with the Winnipeg Jets and for my favourite Finish team the Lahti Pelicans.

About a week ago, I threw together a YouTube video for them, it was very hard to find music that wasn’t copyrighted and it was about midnight when I found a “Curb Your Enthusiasm” trap remix so I just went with that. Here it is

Now, if you know me you know I collect hats and before you ask,, yes, I have a Metallurg baseball cap and I also have a toque as there’s on the way. I got my gear from the KHL Fan Shop and it does take a while to arrive but WOW! IS IT COMFY!! If you are looking for KHL merchandise I definitely recommend them!

Thanks for reading!

Posted February 10, 2021 by beny in category Blogging challenge