January 31

Mpol

Hello, welcome to my MPOL blog post, I will be reflecting on my learning so far this year. The 2 driving questions I will be answering are “How have I demonstrated growth as a learner this year” and “How can i sharpen my learning plan to ensure i will reach my learning targets by the end of the year”

Communicating:

For this competency I chose profile 3. Profile 3 is “I communicate purposefully using forms and strategies I have practised”.  I would say I demonstrated this the best during our most recent project in humanities “working with words”. We had to write 4-5 poems a week and I was able to communicate through my poems. I was able to communicate purposefully about my life/worldview in my poetry. To write these poems I used various types of poems/writing styles. 

Creative thinking: 

I believe I am a profile 3 for this too. I showed this during our correlation and causation project. I collected enough information about the topics my group and I chose to create successful  graphs.

Critical and reflective thinking:

I think I could get to profile 4 by the end of the year but once again I say im profile 3. I need to ask questions/for help so I can gain other people opinion about the topic.

Personal awareness and responsibility:

I would say i am at a profile 2. I haven’t figured out how to balance hockey, work, school, and other stuff. I either spend to much time with friends, hockey, or work and spend no time on school. Or i might spend all my time working on school stuff, then get frustrated that im not doing any fun things. The second half of school will probably be easier considering the hockey season is over so i will have more time to focus on school.

Collaborating:

I think I am only at a profile 2,,, in familiar  situations, I can coroporate with others for specific purposes.

Positive personal and cultural identity:

I would say profile 3 again. I know what’s important to me, what I like, what I don’t like etc.

Social awareness and responsibility:

I’d say once again im around profile 3. I am good at interacting with people i know, and don’t know.

So far this year I have used some of my class time efficiently, but the second I get confused I just do other stuff instead of asking for help. I participate in group discussions/projects and worked with my peers to accomplish the assignments. I need to improve on asking for help in class so I can finish the project quicker instead of trying to do it myself and handing in late un completed work.  

Posted January 31, 2022 by beny in category Uncategorized