Another post about Japan! Jk- it’s not

A wonderful logo that I drew for my team name

Yeah, sorry, this isn’t a post about Japan. It would’ve been, but my teachers decided we should do a post about ‘Destination Imagination’ (more on that later) so we could show the blogging skills that we have obtained so far. I would have liked to do another Japan post, but I have to do this. Later, though, I think I will write a few more posts on Japan, even though the blogging challenge will be over, because there’s so much stuff I haven’t talked about. 

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Destination Imagination, a.k.a DI. 

DI is a competition where groups of students work to complete a challenge. The teams then present their solution in a tournament. There were 4 challenges that we could do: Daring Escape: Technical, Festival Frenzy: Improvisational, Tricky Tales: Fine Art, and Up Close: Scientific. 

My group (Caitlin, Kira, Cameron, Ronan, and Magnus) got Festival Frenzy: Improvisational. What we have to do is do a five minute improv skit, including: a goal for the character, a fork in the road, and two acts, with an intermission. The skit should be set at one of the following festivals:

Abu Simbel Sun Festival

Buenos Aires Tango Festival

Chinese Lantern Festival (Shangyuan Festival)

Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling Festival 

Floriade 

Garifuna Settlement Day 

Hermanus Whale Festival 

Kwita Izina 

La Tomatina

Marrakech Popular Arts Festival

Pushkar Camel Fair 

Songkran Festival 

Timpanogos Storytelling Festival 

White Night Festival

Winterlude

Yap Day Festival

Out of these 16 festivals, we had to chose 8. Everyone had to do some research on the festival they were given. 

The festival, fork in the road, and goal will be randomly chosen before we perform the skit. 

Another thing we have for this challenge is a box set. This includes 10 cardboard boxes that we have to get. During the skit, we can use these boxes as props to help us.  

We also got to chose what our group name would be. It took a while to find one, because my group kept arguing and couldn’t decide what it should be. Later, I came up with a name that everyone agreed on, and now we are The Indecisive Improve Troupe. 

The reasons I thought this was a good name are as follows: 

– Indecisive: My group is very indecisive when it comes to picking a team name

– Improv: We are doing the improv challenge

– Troupe: Troupe sounds cool. Also, it’s like the Phantom Troupe from Hunter x Hunter (An anime that I watch)

Anyway, I think that’s all I’m going to write about this.

Thanks for reading!