1. Where can you get images for your blog?

2. How do you use Creative Commons?

3. What are the benefits of legally using images from the internet?

Ok, since you guys have been studying for this test for a solid week I am hoping you do well. This will show how much you know about copyright images and how to use them. Ok, your time starts now!

Oh no. No no no no no no no no no no. You guys don’t know ANYTHING about copyright images? This is worse than I thought. I guess I’ll have to give you a lecture. JUST JOKING!! What’s up guys? Welcome back to My Dog Ate My Blog! I am here today to teach you about copyright images and what you can and cannot use only our blog. Sooooooo, let’s get right into it.

WHERE TO GET IMAGES FOR YOUR BLOG

That right there, is a poster I made for y’all. It is a bit more fun to look at rather than just listening/reading me blab on and on about the exact same thing. So really what I am trying to say in that poster is.. there are 10 million different places you can find photos because technically, you aren’t really supposed to use images of of the internet. It’s illegal. That would be like if you stole someone famous’ painting, didn’t give them credit and then modified it and sold a bunch of copies. Does that sound right? The answer is no. If I wanted to use a picture of a dog in my blog post I could draw it myself:

Take a picture of my own dog:

Find one on Creative Commons:

Photo by Torten Behrens

I do not recommend, as I said in my poster, to use google images or buy a stock photo for the purposes of a blog post, it’s a bit risky. But I mean, it’s really up to you

HOW DO I USE CREATIVE COMMONS

For me, Creative Commons is where I find a lot of my photos for my blog posts unless they are pictures I have created. To explain how to use Creative Commons artistically, I wrote a short haiku:

And yes, that picture of a camera in the background was found on Creative Commons. Here, I will insert a short video of how to use Creative Commons:

BENEFITS OF USING IMAGES FROM THESE WEBSITES AND CREATING YOUR OWN

Well, for starters, it’s not illegal. So that’s always good when you don’t break the law. And also, it’s just a good habit. It’s great to use things like Creative Commons and Pixabay but go ahead and try to create your own images whether it be in photo shop, you drew it, or you took the photo. I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial type post and now you can go ahead and ace that test!

~Jordyn 😁