MPol 2023

MPol:

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Gold digger project:

• about the BC gold rush
  • We were supposed to create a story

my story:

Gold rush blog post

Ology of apology project:

• about Canada’s past wrongs
  • Created a keynote

Winter exhibition:

• created a exhibition piece about Canada’s mistakes
  • Didn’t get a break
  • Experience

Ology of apology blog post

Takeaways:

• Experience of this year
  • Loon lake
  • Movies
  • Exhibition building
  • Not so good times
  • Early mornings

My opinion:

• my feeling on the year so far

i liked the start of the year because of the different classes, but I feel like this negatively effected my work.

• What could be changed

i felt like there wasn’t a big focus on PLP

Ology of apology/ winter exhibition

In the Ology of apology project, we created a keynote about one of Canada’s past wrongs. 

The wrong that I was chosen for was the Chinese head tax. The keynote that I made was good, not great. Later we had to create a presentation at the winter exhibition. My group decided to create a combination of all our topics. We felt like we did a great job and we explained the exhibit very well even though we didn’t have a script to read off. 

At the end of it, we were happy about the work that we did, and we would like to do it again next year

Loon Lake

During the loon lake trip, my class when to loon lake and did some team building exercises. Those exercises included rock climbing, high ropes and low ropes.

Rock climbing: this was very fun because it was cool to see how far you could get up. I thought I could get pretty far up, but I couldn’t. It was like my muscles just wouldn’t muscle.

High ropes: I liked this one the most. We had to build a tower of crates. My team got up to 11 but when we got there, I slipped and knocked the tower down. An out her thing that happened was that I got stuck in the harness after we were done. 

Low ropes: this one was a team exercise. We had to get from one obstacle to the other. I felt like I did well at this because I helped my team members and got through the course fast enough.

Overall I felt like this learning experience was great and I learned a lot from it. I really hope we can do something like this again.

Gold Rush

In this project we were tasked with writing a story set in the bc gold rush. We had to make the story interesting, and have it still be historically accurate with ether a fictional character or one that actually experienced it. My story was about a fictional prospector going to bc and trying to find gold. This has been one of the more fun projects that I have done because i get to write just about anything i want. I had some trouble shortening my story to fit the 2 page requirement, but i did manage to complete it. Overall this project was really fun, I feel like i learned more about storytelling and the BC gold rush from it.

My Story:

Tpol blog post

Decoration:

over the year I have learned many things and found out a lot about myself. I have lots of projects that I really like that have helped me learn and I have some projects that didn’t benefit me. Some of those projects are:

WW2 comic

Revolution on trial

First film

DI

Here are the ones I didn’t like:

7 Habits

Gold⛏️

Scimatics

Good:

Lab 2A

Business work

meiosis vs mitosis

Not so good:

Kahn academy

Tinkercad

Workbooks

Electricity lab

Some of the things that should be changed in PLP are:

More open topics

less workbooks

no more Kahn academy

thanks for listening I hope to see you next time.

My business

For my business that I made I decided to make a smoothie company. I chose this because it is one of the things that I know how to make and it has high profits. This post is going to be short because most of it is explained in the video. Overall I really liked this and sometime I hope to create this business for real.

Video

My first film

For my first videos I created a Silent film, a Documentary, and a tutorial video. The documentary was my favourite because I put in the most work and I made it myself. I would like to show it here but I can’t. The tutorial video is very funny because my team were mostly joking around when we made it.

tutorial video

The silent film was good but I’d rather not show it. Overall I feel like I had a good time and I want more projects like this next year.

Spring exhibition

This being the first exhibition that I have been presenting at made this interesting. I really liked this because I showed my learning. I found it to be very stressful but it did’t turn out too bad. Also while being next to Francis I saw what grade 8’s worked on, it was really good. The exhibition wasn’t the most eventful because there wasn’t much other than some parents quickly looking around. There were a few problems with my groups plans though, with signs, where people stood, and props changing shortly before or during the exhibition. I felt like I had worked quite hard and I am happy of the outcome of it.

The exhibition

Meiosis vs Mitosis

For this post I am going to briefly describe the last scimatics project. This project we created a video showing meiosis vs mitosis. The project was ok. I had a good amount of fun and learned from completing it. I am relatively proud of the video that I made. I have felt that there is not many examples of me finding a way to learn from this. I have leaned from the stepping stones though. Those stepping stones helped me by showing how to complete the main project. Over the course of the project I learned more about Meiosis and Mitosis and had a fun time.

competencies:

questioning and predicting:

Over the time I spent researching for this project I have Learned more about meiosis and mitosis and I have liked it.

Planning and conducting:

I felt like I did a good job planning what I was going to do next and I worked effectively.

Scientific communication:

I put a good amount of  work creating the video and I felt like I did well even though the video was short.

My video:

Vibrant Videos

Hello, recently I have been doing a project about movie making. In it we looked at old movies that help innovate it. Some of those movies are The Great Train Robbery, Edison sneezing, Train arriving, and many more. We created multiple movies which were fun to make. My favourites were the silent movie and the special effects movie. Some of the ways of making movies helped me because I learned more about transitions which helps cleanly change shots and angles. I have liked this project and I hope that we can do many more like it.

These videos are my favourites that I have made.

Tutorial video:

The video

Lawyer video:

Best movie ever