WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
• LEARN NATURE BASED MENTORING FROM SKILLED PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS
• GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH CHILDREN IN A WELL-ESTABLISHED SUMMER PROGRAM
• HELP CONNECT YOUTH TO NATURE, COMMUNITY AND SELF
• SHUTTLE BUS IS AVAILABLE TO GET TO AND FROM THE MOUNTAIN
• AN 80 HOUR (TWO WEEKS OF CAMP) COMMITMENT EARNS VOLUNTEERS A COMPLIMENTARY 2016/2017 SEASONS PASS
• WHAT’S BETTER THAN TIME OUTSIDE ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN? REQUIREMENTS
• MINIMUM 14 YEARS OF AGE
• A PASSION FOR BEING OUTSIDE, IN THE FOREST AND THE MOUNTAINS
• CAMPING EXPERIENCE AND OUTDOOR SKILLS AN ASSET
• PERSONABLE, FRIENDLY AND KEEN TO GAIN EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH KIDS
• CAMPS RUN FOR 8 SESSIONS, WEEKDAYS 9AM – 4PM | JULY 4TH – AUGUST 26TH
• COMMITMENT TO A MINIMUM OF 1 CAMP SESSION (5 CONSECUTIVE DAYS) IS PREFERRED
Rack Stop Sales Associate
Rack Stop Stores Ltd. is looking for a competent and hard working individual to work as a sales associate in their North Vancouver store. The successful candidate will need to be an outward focused people person, with a willingness to go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Some mechanical aptitude is also a plus, and sales or retail experience is preferred, although not necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
• Selling merchandise to customers, providing excellent customer service.
• Installing and maintaining customers’ racks and other purchases.
• Receiving deliveries and processing inventory.
• Ordering merchandise from distributors.
• Writing out work orders and adding them to a work schedule.
• Report to the sales supervisor on a regular basis.
Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate will have some mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work standing for extended periods and perform some heavy lifting tasks.
• Retail or sales experience preferred, but not required.
This is a full time, 40-hours a week position, with some weekends and holiday work required. We are open 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm Sundays and holidays, typical work pattern is an 8-hour shift within that time frame.
Contact Greg at 604-987-7474 with a resume or any questions.
Students are invited to spend an amazing day with Vancouver Film School’s faculty to discover our industry-leading, one-year entertainment and creative arts programs. VFS’s High School Days features hands-on workshops designed to give students a look at VFS and B.C.’s booming creative economy. Attend this event to learn how VFS is their best option for launching a career in animation, film, TV, sound, interactive and game design.
Session 1 – Thursday, April 28
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
VFS Animation Campus
151 W. Cordova, Vancouver, B.C.
(Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Fire Fighter Career Day for Grade 11 & 12 students interested in firefighting (May 12, 2016)! Guest speakers provide an overview of the District of North Vancouver Fire Department including training, educational, and physical requirements. The afternoon will be hands-on training & demonstrations, for example, trying on firefighter suits & protective equipment; entering a smoke-filled building; rappelling from the tower; snorkel & hazardous material demo; trying out the aerial truck; hose work; auto extraction; and using fire extinguishers! Guaranteed to be a great day!
Limited Spots, please see Ms. Parmar ASAP for more information !